Ten Tips on Choosing the Right Venue to Make Your Event Fabulous
My name is Notoya James. I’m a professional event planner with more than 15 years of hands-on experience. During this time I’ve learned that every event is a unique opportunity to show your guests an incredible time and to make lasting memories. One of the most important choices you will make regarding your event is the venue. In fact, choosing the wrong venue can ruin your event and make everyone have a horrible experience.
Here are the top 10 tips, plus 3 bonus tips on choosing the right venue for your social event, wedding, corporate event, or any organized gathering of people:
- Location, location, location – the location should be one that is comfortable for yourself and your guests. An ideal location will be in close proximity to restaurants, shopping and hotels.
- Convenience – Convenience means easy to get to, close to major highways
- Parking– It is not ideal for your guests to walk 5 minutes from their parking location to get to the venue. Make sure there is ample parking and don’t forget those that may be physically challenged. Handicap parking is extremely important
- Temperature Control – the room temperature will more than likely need to be adjusted depending on the number of occupants. The venue should have the option to adjust the temperature as needed to ensure the comfort of your guests
- On Site Assistant – A venue should provide assistant on site at all times during your event.
- Cost – Set a budget and looks for venues within your budget
- Hidden Costs – Inquire of any hidden cost prior to signing a contract. Hidden cost can include cleaning fees, damage fees, security deposits, required rentals, bartender fee, outside catering fee, security officer fees, etc.
- Ambiance – Consider if the ambiance matches your theme. Of course, you can use your décor to create the theme.
- What Is Included in a Standard Rental? – The cost of renting tables, chairs and linens can add a significant amount to your cost
- Is Clean Up Included? A venue that provides cleaning will save you a lot of stress at the end of your event.
- Are Speakers and Visual Equipment Available? This is important for corporate events or any event where you will want to provide to information to a large amount of people
- Is There a Stage? Dance floor or other area for alternative uses.
- What is the Capacity? Each venue has a maximum number of occupants it can accommodate at one time. Please keep this in mind when gathering your list of invitees and allow room for extras.
If you need help creating a perfect corporate or social event, please feel free to give me a call. We take the stress out of planning and delivering so you can have more time and fun with your guests.